Jam Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jam Gaming

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Jam Gaming!

Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief?

Go down 
2 posters

I want:
Raid / Grief (CURRENT)
Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief? I_vote_lcap0%Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Non Raid / Grief
Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief? I_vote_lcap92%Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief? I_vote_rcap
 92% [ 11 ]
I DONT KNOW.. err cake?
Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief? I_vote_lcap8%Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief? I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Matt
Server Owner
Server Owner

Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief? Empty
PostSubject: Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief?   Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief? EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:31 am

The question that is being asked is whether people would prefer a Raid, Grief server or a non Raid, non Grief server.

What is the difference?

Raid / Grief:
- All items can be stolen from chests, machines - most machines can be stolen with exception to a few for example: HV Solar Arrays and Nuclear Reactors.

Non Raid / Grief:
- All chests, machines are protected no one can steal machines etc.
Back to top Go down
Damitar
Server Owner
Server Owner

Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief?   Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Currently we have no way to moderate efficiently when someone is griefing and many items have been banned as a result. We are quite laid back as admins and incredibly lenient. You see kids will be kids and its hard to keep them from misbehaving, but also people keep finding new ways to raid. It really is Minecraft that's the problem here, there are just so many things that can bypass protections. I myself don't like the idea that you could lock up your base entirely and still be robbed because of the way Minecraft is coded.

I don't care for raiding at all, it just complicates things and means that we have to go to great lengths banning all the cool stuff and denying access to commands such as back and tpa to new members. If the server becomes a non-raid one then items such as the Quarry could be unbanned (but limited to the Nether, because we do not like eyesores). Moderating would be easier too, hanging around someone elses home would be considered grief and unacceptable. Using available items to destroy peoples property would be a bannable offence. With Grief Prevention it will be so easy for us to protect everything and Raiding would be impossible. Therefore the only thing you could do is grief.

We would have to setup events like spleef and create more warzones and content but that's a small price to pay for less grief. (People will be instantly banned for griefing if the server goes non-raid.)
Back to top Go down

Raid + Grief or Non Raid + Grief?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jam Gaming :: Minecraft :: General-
Jump to: